- We pledge to provide an accessible, inclusive, and welcoming basketball environment for all.
- We will ensure everyone feels safe and that they belong, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction for an offense for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record of suspension has been ordered.
- We firmly stand against any form of racism, discrimination, or harassment.
- We will strive to provide programming that targets underrepresented groups, while reducing systemic and overt barriers to participation.
- We commit to ongoing education to promote equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
We are Canada Basketball Verified. The Verification Program integrates important aspects of coaching, Safe Sport, and organizational leadership. Displaying the Verified logo above, indicates that we have been reviewed by our governing bodies and have added accountability to create welcoming, safe, and developmentally appropriate environments for everyone.
Like other Verified groups across Canada, we have committed to raise standards to provide the best athlete experience possible for all participants, including:
- Mandatory background checks and Safe Sport Training for all coaches
- Adopting a full policy suite of guidelines that help protect the safety of all participants
- Adhering to Canada Basketball’s model for Long Term Development, including age and developmentally appropriate training
- Ensuring proper administrative procedures have been taken to govern our organization